Make some memories this Christmas!
This list is alphabetical by county. Scroll down to find Christmas Tree Farms in Clark, Greene, Miami, and Montgomery Counties in the Greater Dayton area.
GREENE ACRES CHRISTMAS TREE FARM (Tell them Rian’s mom sent you!)
9504 Lower Valley Pike, Medway, (937) 849-1486.
* Type of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch pines, Fraser firs and Douglas firs, $20 and up. Precut trees also available.
* Extras: Cutting and shaking services available. Hot chocolate and cookies available on weekends. Gift shop.
* Hours: 4 to 8 p.m. Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sat. and Sun..
* Directions: Take I-70 to I-675 North; turn right on Lower Valley Pike, which is Main Street in Medway.
PAT’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
520 Whaley Road, New Carlisle, (937) 845-2343.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pine, Fraser and Canaan fir, and blue spruce, $40
* Extras: Shaking and packaging services available. Wreaths available $9 and up.
* Hours: 10 a.m. to dusk daily.
* Directions: Half-mile south of U.S. 40, at Tecumseh High School Road. Farm is about a mile on the left on Whaley Road.
COUNTRY CHARM TREE FARM
348 Timothy Lane, Xenia; (937) 352-6240
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, blue spruce, Scotch and white pine, $25 and up. Precut Fraser fir, Douglas fir, Canaan fir, and white pine. Balled and burlapped trees also available. We have a good availability of extra-tall trees.
* Extras: Shaking and bailing services available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. Homemade wreaths and grave blankets
* Hours: 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday until Dec 23. Call for appointment for special time if needed.
* Directions: U.S. 35 east to U.S. 68 exit, turn left, then turn left on Union Road at Highway Patrol Post. Go 1.5 miles right on Timothy Lane.
4382 Kemp Road, Beavercreek, (937) 429-3407.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $30 to $60; Douglas and Canaan firs, $40 to $100. White pines and Canaan firs available up to 14 feet.
* Extras: Saws, loading, shaking and bailing services available. Free apple cider.
* Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
* Directions: U.S. 35 to Woodman Drive exit, north on Woodman; right onto Burkhardt/Kemp Road. FarmÊis about a mile on the left.
SPRING VALLEY TREE FARM
2300 Cook Road, Spring Valley; (937) 671-5443; www.springvalleytreefarm.com
* Types of trees, costs: Variety of spruces and firs for cutting at $6.50 per foot up to 7 feet. Taller trees are a little more. You cut your own firs for $25-$45 and a variety of living trees (balled and burlapped) $15 per foot.
* Extras: Saws and tree cleaning are provided; bailing and bags $1 each. Free cookies and cider.
* Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday through Dec. 23
* Directions: From Dayton, drive east on U.S. 35. Proceed south on U.S. 42 and watch for signs as U.S. 42 narrows, just after you cross the Little Miami River.
YOUNG’S JERSEY DAIRY
4970 Springfield-Xenia Road (U.S. 68) Yellow Springs; (937) 767-7288. Look for red barn south of Young’s Jersey Dairy.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch pine, white pine, Norway spruce and Colorado blue spruce starting at $39. Canaan fir, fresh-cut Fraser start at $54. 10- to 15-foot Canaan firs starting at $75. Precut trees also available.
* Extras: Will shake and wrap every tree. Wreaths, stands and decorations to complete your Christmas tree shopping. Saws and shaking service available. Free hot chocolate and popcorn available. Gift shop with wreaths, ornaments, and tree stands.
* Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Open through Dec. 23.
* Directions: Take U.S. 68 to one mile north of Yellow Springs.
KRAFT’S CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
6780 S. Karns Road, northeast of West Milton, (937) 698-6221
* Types of trees, costs: We cut your selected Spruce and White Pine, all sizes. $20
* Includes shaking, twine, and cutting.
* Hours: 12-5pm weekdays and Sunday; 8-5 Saturdays
* Directions: Located northeast of West Milton. From Ohio 48, go east on Frederick-Garland two miles to the dead end at Karns Road, then north to the third driveway on the left at 6780 S. Karns Road. Look for the red Christmas tree signs. “Low key operation…NO hot chocolate, sleigh rides!”
PARTIN TREE FARM
6705 Agenbroad Road, Tipp City, (937) 846-1615.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Fraser, Douglas and Canaan firs, $37; also some white and blue spruce and Scotch pines. Baling is $3.
* Extras: Saws available. Special order wreaths also available.
* Hours: 9 a.m. to dark Monday through Sunday
* Directions: Ohio 201 north, past Bethel Local Schools; turn left on Agenbroad Road; farm is three-tenths of a mile on the right.
SCENT OF CHRISTMAS
8016 E. Walnut Grove Road, Troy; (937) 845-2122; (937) 238-3992.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, 5 to 12 feet, $23; white spruce, 5 to 9 feet, blue spruce, 5 to 7 feet, some Canaan fir, 5 to 8 feet, and some Douglas fir, $38 (tax included).
* Hours: 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays
* Extras: Tree netting, stand straight drill system, $2 baling and free shaking services available. Free hot chocolate and coffee.
* Directions: I-75 to Ohio 201 (Brandt Pike); north on Brandt Pike past Ohio 571 to Walnut Grove Clark County Road; east one mile on Walnut Grove Clark County Road. From the north: East on 41; turn south onto 201; turn east onto Walnut Grove Clark County Road.
VALLEY VIEW FARM
4163 Walnut Grove Road, Troy, (937) 339-3681.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own beautiful Canaan fir and blue spruce Christmas trees. Large trees are our specialty 5 feet to 12 feet. We also make our own wreaths, grave blankets, kissing balls, centerpieces, swags and mantle displays with your choice of ribbon color.
* Extras: Wreaths, grave blankets, kissingballs, centerpieces, mantle displays also available.
* Hours: 2 p.m. until dark weekdays, 9 a.m. until dark Saturdays, noon until dark Sundays.
* Directions: From I-75 north, exit Ohio 202, turn north; follow Ohio 202 approximately 10 miles to ChildrenÕs Home Road; turn right; continue two miles to Walnut Grove Road; turn right; the farm is half a mile on the left.
A. BROWN & SONS
7701 Salem Ave., Clayton; (937) 836-5826 or (937) 836-6445.
* Types of trees, costs: Precut Ohio-grown trees cut daily, 2 to 15 feet, all varieties. Plenty of 10- to 12-foot firs available. Spruce, pine, fir, small live trees available.
* Extras: Fresh wreaths, branches and roping.
* Hours: Opens Thanksgiving Day, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Christmas Eve.
* Directions: Take I-70 west to Exit 26, turn left on Hoke Road, right on Salem Avenue; tree lot is four houses down on the right or take I-70 east to Exit 26 and the tree lot is on the left as you get of the exit.
COUNTRY PINES CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
8280 W. Third St. (U.S. 35 West), New Lebanon; (937) 835-3464
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch, white and Austrian pines, white and Norway spruce, $29. Specially marked trees, $15. Precut Douglas, Fraser and Concolor firs 6 to 12 feet, $40 and up depending on size. Live trees for replanting available.
* Extras: Saws, wagons, shaking and wrapping services available. Wreaths, garland and other natural decorations also available. Hot dogs, hot cider, hot chocolate and donuts available on weekends.
* Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week
* Directions: From downtown Dayton take U.S. 35 West for approximately seven miles. Farm is on the left a mile and a half past Union road.
DEALKER’S FARM YOU CUT CHRISTMAS TREES
6520 Brantford Road; (937) 898-0891
* Types of trees, costs:Good selection of long-needled white pine and Scotch pine 6-9 feet tall; also a smaller selection of short-needled blue spruce Fraser fir 5-6 feet tall. Any size tree $32
* Extras: Baling $3
* Directions: South of Little York Road between North Dixie Drive and Peters Pike.
5376 Strawberry Court, Trotwood, (937) 264-3081 (937) 974-7745.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white pines from 6 to 7 feet, $24; 7 to 8 feet, $26; 8 to 9 feet, $28, 9 to 10 feet, $30. Fresh cut pines and fir also available.
* Extras: Saws, bailing, wreaths and roping available.
* Hours: 3 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 to 6 p.m. Saturdays; 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays
* Directions: I-70 to Hoke Road; go south on Ohio 49 and then right on Wolf Creek Pike; farm is the first drive to the left.
GOEKE & SONS CHRISTMAS TREE FARM
600 N. Preble County Line Road, West Alexandria, (937) 839-4912.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $25 Spruce and firs; $48. Precut firs, balled and burlapped trees available. Economy trees available for $18.
* Extras: Saws, rope, loading services available. Shuttle service provided. Christmas store, wreath and roping also available.
* Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
* Directions: U.S. 35 west to Preble Montgomery County Line Road; turn north. Just west of New Lebanon to Preble Montgomery County Line Road, half mile north of U.S. 35.
HILLSIDE TREE FARM
9055 Adams Road, Huber Heights, (937) 233-1617.
* Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white pines and Canaan firs, $29-$69. Precut North Carolina-grown trees, 6- to 10-foot, $29- $89; Fraser and Scotch pines, $35 and up.
* Extras: Saws and netting available. Free hot chocolate, coffee and candy canes. Tree stands, wreaths and pine roping also available.
* Hours: 4 to 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays; closed Sundays
* Directions: Ohio 4 north from Dayton; go west a half mile to farm on Adams Road.
RED BARN TREE FARM
990 Soldiers Home-Miamisburg Road, Miamisburg; (937) 866-7011
* Types of trees, costs: Scotch pine, white pine, Norway spruce, Fraser fir. Cut your own $25; precut $48
* Extras: Wreaths; shaking, baling and saws; free hot chocolate for kids
* Hours: 10 a.m. to dark Saturdays and Sundays; weekdays by appointment
* Directions: Take I-75 to Ohio 725 west (Dayton mall exit) Go through Miamisburg and cross over the river. Turn right on Soldiers Home-Miamisburg Road; go one mile.